9 Exciting Adventures For Male Bonding
26 May 2017 by HOMBRE in Caribbean, Cuisine, Escape, General, Home, Hotels, Latin America, Pleasure, Restaurants, Spirits
Sport fishing, golf escapades, rum tastings and whitewater rafting – these are some of the popular Mancations, also known as a male bonding vacation, awaiting travelers at Casas del XVI and Sublime Samana Hotel in the Dominican Republic and The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito in Honduras. It is estimated 20 million American men, ages 30 to 55 years old, take one Mancation a year spending approximately $10 to $12 billion during these excursions.
While the idea may seem far-fetched for some men, for Prohotel International, this is a perfect opportunity to target one of the least catered audience – men. These special packages encourage men to travel to the depths of the Pico Bonito forest in Honduras, to the exuberant culture in Santo Domingo, or to pristine beaches found in Las Terranas.
The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito
La Ceiba, Honduras
Nestled on 400 acres of tropical wilderness, The Lodge and Spa at Pico Bonito is an ideal setting for men seeking a pure adrenaline rush in a rare, untouched, natural environment. The Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ eco-lodge has 22 private standard and superior cabins built of native stone and native pine wood furnished in a plantation style.
Here are some of the male bonding experiences awaiting travelers at the eco-lodge.
- Unbelievable Falls: This two-for-one adventure trek to Unbelievable Falls will take outdoor enthusiasts through the different ecosystems within the Pico Bonito National Park. It is one our most popular attractions due to its challenging hike to the fall. Once you reach the fall, avid hikers will be able to take a plunge in the crystal-clear waters at the base of the waterfall.
Complete the experience with a Guatusa massage where our experienced masseuses will use a combination of locally grown herbs to soothe your tired feet. The combination of herbs is an ancient recipe passed down from generation to generation in the local grounds of Honduras.
- Whitewater Rafting: Armed with helmets and life jackets, men can embark on a whitewater rafting adventure through Rio Cangrejal. Our certified rafting guide will go over the safety procedures to endure the stream’s strength in case you fall over the raft. Guests will need to give their raft a push or two at the beginning of the journey, but almost immediately they will feel the river tugging at the raft. The boulders will have you feeling thankful for the helmet they’re wearing.
- Manatee Refuge: Embark on a short journey by car and by a small motorized train to the mouth of Salado River. Once there, men will set sail in paddle canoe and travel through mangroves until you reach the Manatee Refuge. This wildlife refuge is home to crocodiles, howler monkeys and manatees.
The four-night Mancation package starts at $614 per adult. Visit www.picobonito.com or call (888) 428-0221 to book this experience.
Sublime Samana Hotel & Residences
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
Situated in a serene and secluded area of Las Terranas, Sublime Samana Hotel and Residences offers endless adventures in one of the Dominican Republic’s most unspoiled natural terrains. Men will find the hotel is an excellent starting point for outdoor recreational activities such as sport fishing, horseback riding, hiking and even zip lining.
After an invigorating escape, men can relax in the whirlpools of the casitas and in many of the suites or on the daybeds facing the Caribbean Sea. The Small Luxury Hotels of the World ™ is an exclusive collection of 26 private suites and casitas offering spacious floor-to-ceiling windows, private balconies or terraces, elegant furnishings, and dining areas complete with full kitchens.
The Caribbean retreat has a four-day action-packaged getaway.
- We’ll start the adventure by doing a little Sport Fishing using local fishing techniques. After catching a fish or two, guests make their way to the hotel’s Palapa restaurant and light a fire. There, the men will be taught by one of our chefs how to prepare a meal out of the fresh catch.
- El Limon: The second day at Sublime Samana, we’ll take you to “El Limon,” a beautiful waterfall found 20 minutes away from Las Terrenas. Our guides will give guests a choice between hiking or horseback riding to the fall. Whichever the choice is, adventure seekers should be prepared to get wet as they must cross several rivers along the way.
- Ziplining: To complete the Mancation getaway, men will travel to the outskirts of the Dominican Republic to prove their courage by hanging in midair. The Ziplining adventure will test the power of their spiritual friendship as each friend ziplines above a blanket of trees and plants. Guests will return home with the pleasure of knowing they survived the heights.
This four-day Mancation package for four adults begins at $664. Visit www.sublimesamana.com or call (888) 896-9416 to book this getaway.
Casas del XVI
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
For men seeking a vibrant city center, Casas del XVI is a novel boutique hotel concept situated in the heart of the historic Santo Domingo’s Ciudad Colonial (Old Colonial City). The newly restored private homes date back to the first Spanish settlers and these properties offer guests an oasis of luxury complete with a private butler, chef and concierge.
To absorb the best of the Dominican Republic’s vibrant city life, men are encouraged to customize their own three-day stay at Casas del XVI with the following activities.
- Rum & Cigars: Embark on the Ron Barcelo Sugar and Rum Experience followed by a tour at Boutique del Fumador. Rum and cigars, what else can you ask for on your first day to the Dominican Republic?
- Dinner & Show: On their second day, men are encouraged to have dinner in one of Santo Domingo’s most popular restaurants – Plaza España. Guests will have the endless opportunities to sightsee in the area on the way to the restaurant. After eating, men can wander through the old city, catch a drink and enjoy a local show, as well as mix and mingle with the locals to soak in the culture.
- Golf Game: A round of golf is the ideal Mancation experience at Las Lagunas Country Club, a course about an hour away from the hotel. As one of the avid golfers strategize the perfect angle at which the ball will enter one of the 18 holes, the other men will use this time to catch up with one another. Golf enthusiasts will leave the course feeling refreshed and with a sentiment of being appreciated.
The three-day Mancation package for four adults begins at $1,457. Visit www.casasdelxvi.com or call (855) 849-6396.
Prohotel International is a sales, management and marketing company based in Houston, TX. For more information about the company, visit www.prohotels.com