National Tequila Day 2017: Celebrate Authentically with Tequila DON JULIO
National Tequila Day is here and this year, think outside of the salt rimmed glass and turn to Don Julio to help you celebrate authentically. Tequila Don Julio uses only the choicest, fully matured and ripened blue agave hand-selected from the rich, clay soils of the Los Altos region, using the same standards of production that Don Julio González established when he followed his passion to establish the luxury tequila category.
Whether you’re partial to a rich, smooth Reposado with a splendid golden amber color or a Crystal Añejo twice distilled and aged to perfection for 18 months then carefully charcoal filtered to bring back the crisp agave flavor found in a Blanco, we have you covered with a selection of innovative recipes created by Chicago bartender Ashley Lemasters of Antique Taco. These summery sips are from the latest iteration of Agave and EEEEEEATS, a curated dinner series from Tequila Don Julio, The Infatuation and #HashtagLunchbag.
Try mixing up the Crime + Passion created with Don Julio Reposado, poblano liqueur, fresh passionfruit juice and fresh lemon juice. Hosting a large crowd in honor of the celebration? Impress friends by stirring up the Oaxacan Punch made with quality ingredients including Tequila Don Julio 70, rum, tamarind, Falernum, fresh lime juice and fresh pineapple juice.
Crime + Passion
1 oz Tequila Don Julio Reposado
1/2 oz Poblano Liqueur
2 oz Fresh Lime juice
1 3/4 oz Fresh Passionfruit Juice
Poblano Salt for Rimmed Glass
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Reposado, poblano liqueur, fresh lime juice and fresh passionfruit into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain contents into a mason jar rimmed with poblano salt over fresh ice.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
Ideal Serving Glass:
1 oz Tequila Don Julio 70
1/2 oz Zacapa Rum 23
1/3 oz Tamarind Tea
1/4 oz House Made Felernum Syrup
1/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1/3 oz Fresh Pineapple Juice
Pineapple Sice for Garnish
- Combine Tequila Don Julio 70, Zacapa Rum 23, tamarind tea, house made falernum syrup, fresh lime juice and fresh pineapple juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain contents into a Collins glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with pineapple slice.
Ideal Serving Glass: